Blueberry Almond Vanilla Cereal
- 1 cup higher-fiber cold cereal (like bite-size shredded wheat or low-fat granola)
- 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk (like Silk brand)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds (sliced, slivered or chopped)
- Add the cold cereal to a bowl. Pour in vanilla soymilk.
- Sprinkle blueberries and almonds over the top. Enjoy!
per serving: 320 calories, 11 g protein, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 0.6 g saturated fat, 3.4 g monounsaturated fat, 2.5 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 8.3 g fiber, 53 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 20 percent.
© 2007 WebMD Inc. © 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter