Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal
Upgrade your instant oatmeal packet to a flavorful and fancy hot breakfast dish, just by adding a few ingredients!
- 1 packet plain instant oatmeal (or lower sugar instant oatmeal such as Quaker Lower Sugar Maple & Brown Sugar)
- 2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk (fat-free half-and-half can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon of toasted pecan pieces (walnuts or any nut can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried cranberries (dried cherries or any dried fruit can be substituted)
- Empty packet into microwave safe bowl. Add low fat milk and stir. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes and stir. Sprinkle cranberries and toasted pecans over the top
Makes 1 portion
per serving: 269 calories, 10 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 8.8 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 4.5 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 374 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 29 percent.
© 2007 WebMD Inc. © 2006 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors