Charleston Chicken Pasta (this dish is served chilled)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 boneless, skinless grilled chicken breasts (seasoned with a garlic & pepper blend or garlic powder, black pepper and salt if desired)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella, packed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley (parsley flakes can also be used)
- 3 cups whole wheat linguini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled (or any desired shape) Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Add mayo, sour cream, and lemon juice to a 1-cup measure and stir to blend.
- Cut the chicken breasts each into 1/4-inch thick slices (should be around 3 1/2 cups of chicken strips). Add chicken, mozzarella, celery, green onions, tomatoes, parsley and cooked noodles into a large serving bowl and toss to blend.
- Drizzle the mayo mixture over the chicken noodle mixture and toss to blend the dressing with the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Cover and store in the refrigerator until right before it is being served.
Makes 3-4 serving
Per serving: 416 calories, 43 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat, 4.4 g saturated fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 105 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 259 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26 percent.
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors