(HealthDay News) -- Urinary tract infections are very uncomfortable, and can lead to serious health problems if not treated promptly with antibiotics.
Latest MedicineNet News
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse says here's how you can help prevent urinary tract infections:
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Don't let your bladder get too full or wait too long urinate.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Wash genitals before and after intercourse.
- Women should not use douches or feminine sprays that could irritate the urethra.
- When women use the toilet, wipe from front to back to prevent spreading bacteria from the rectum.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.