(HealthDay News) -- Pet allergies can cause symptoms including sneezing, coughing, and itchy, watery eyes.
- Try to keep the pet outdoors during suitable weather. If the pet is indoors, don't allow the pet near the bedroom of the person who is allergic.
- Use an air filter on air conditioning and furnace systems to reduce the circulation of allergens throughout the home.
- HEPA filters should be used on vacuum cleaners.
- Allergic people should avoid petting or hugging pets.
- Keep the home clean by frequently vacuuming, dusting, and washing.
Latest MedicineNet News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.