Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to select the right family doctor, probably because you will see this doctor more than any other.
When you're trying to select a family doctor, the American Academy of Family Physicians says to keep these questions in mind:
- Does the doctor accept your insurance?
- What are the doctor's office hours? Are those hours convenient for you?
- What hospital is the doctor affiliated with?
- Are you comfortable talking to this doctor, and are you unafraid to ask any questions?
- Do you feel like the doctor has thoroughly answered all of your questions, and doesn't try to rush you out of the office?
- Does the doctor explain things to you in a way that you can understand?
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.