Latest MedicineNet News
- In bathrooms, install an exhaust fan or open a window when showering to prevent moisture build-up.
- If you have a plumbing leak -- especially in the basement -- repair it quickly.
- Avoid carpeting in bathrooms, as it can retain moisture.
- Scrub bathtubs and sinks at least monthly, preferably with a bleach-based cleaner to kill mold.
- Clean garbage cans regularly.
- On humid days, use a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.