Personalized 5-Minute Fudge
- 3 cups chocolate chips, according to preference (such as 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips plus 1 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Dash salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or peppermint extract for Choco Mint Fudge)
- Optional Mix-ins to personalize your fudge, such as:
- For Rocky Road Fudge: 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows + 1 cup walnut pieces.
- For German Chocolate Cake Fudge: 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut + 1 cup pecan pieces.
- For Peppermint Stick Fudge: 1 cup crunched-up candy canes.
- For Peanut Butter Fudge: 1 cup of peanut butter M&Ms.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch square baking dish with foil.
- Add chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and dash salt to an 8-cup microwave-safe glass measure and stir to blend. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 1 minute more. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted and a smooth mixture has formed.
- Stir in any mix-ins you're using to personalize your fudge (including vanilla extract) and spoon into prepared baking dish. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until firm. Pull foil out of baking dish so you can easily cut fudge into about 49 squares (cut 7 columns vertically, then horizontally).
Per 2 squares (not including mix-ins): 144 calories, 2 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, <5 mg cholesterol, 1.2 g fiber, 25 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee