These almonds are given a treatment of spices and a short baking time for amazing rich flavor and intense crunch.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine chili powder, olive oil, kosher salt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and pepper; add almonds and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring twice. Cool almonds completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
32 (1-tablespoon) servings
Per serving: 62 calories, 5 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Recipes reprinted from The Sonoma Diet Cookbook (Meredith Books), 2006, by Connie Guttersen. Republished with permission from the author.