Chicken Pesto Potato with Red Pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken half breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper seasoning (or Garlic & Herb flavor)
- 4-5 cups lightly cooked potato pieces (about 3 long potatoes, with skin, cut into 1-inch pieces and micro waved until just tender)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto (I like a brand found in the frozen pasta section)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Start heating a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat the outside of the chicken breasts with olive oil and add to the hot frying pan. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning over the chicken. When the bottom is nicely brown (about 2 minutes), flip chicken breasts over to brown other side (about 2 minutes).
- Add lightly cooked potato pieces to bottom of slow cooker. Pour in low-sodium chicken broth. Spread pesto evenly over the top, and sprinkle chopped red pepper over the top. Gently toss mixture. Lay browned chicken breasts over the top of the potato mixture. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or low for about 6 hours.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Last Editorial Review: 1/10/2007