(HealthDay News) -- If your skin tends to become dry, irritated, scaly or itchy, here are suggestions from the University of Virginia Health System on how to keep it from drying out this winter:
- Take fewer baths, and don't use water that's too hot.
- Apply moisturizer or cream throughout the day.
- Use gentle products. Stay away from harsh soaps, detergents and other products that may dry the skin.
- Don't rub or scratch your skin, as it will only make symptoms worsen.
- If your skin begins to look scaly, try applying a salicylic acid cream or ointment.
Latest MedicineNet News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.