Ask the Experts - Gastroenterology (GI Testing)

woman with abdominal pain

Gastroenterology Q & A by Dr. Marks

What is a contracted gallbladder?

Read Response »

MedicineNet's Gastroenterology Expert Dr. Marks.

All Gastroenterology Q & A's:

Dr. Mark's Message:

Dr. Jay Marks is a board certified internist and gastroenterologist. He also serves as medical and pharmacy editor for

Dr. Marks sees gastroenterology as a fascinating subspecialty of medicine because of the many different organs involved with GI diseases, the many types of diseases that affect the GI organs, and the great frequency with which GI diseases occur. Dr. Marks looks forward to continuing his work and providing comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date information in the field of gastroenterology.

"What appeals to me most is the ability to continually update the information in our articles with the newest information in gastroenterology," Dr. Marks says.

Dr. Marks finds GI testing to be particularly interesting since GI testing often is performed for more complex medical problems in which making a diagnosis is difficult and challenging. He enjoys the interaction he has with this patients and other physicians as well as the intellectual stimulation that medicine provides.

In his free time Dr. Marks enjoys hiking and reading.

Last Editorial Review: 2/15/2007

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter

By clicking Submit, I agree to the MedicineNet's Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of MedicineNet's subscriptions at any time.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors