Light Vanilla Frosting
This frosting works well for cupcakes, cakes, or cookies.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda® sweetener or other sugar alternative for baking
- 2 tablespoons less-fat margarine with added plant sterols (such as Take Control brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fat-free half-and-half, whole milk, or low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 8 drops food coloring (for colored frosting)
- Add powdered sugar, Splenda®, margarine, milk and vanilla to a small mixing bowl and beat on medium speed to blend until smooth. This will take a few minutes, because the Splenda® takes a while to dissolve.
- Add food coloring, if desired. About 8 drops will do.
- Frost your goodies.
About 2/3 cup of frosting (enough for 12 medium sugar cookies or 24 small cookies)
Per serving (if frosting 12 cookies): 35 calories, 0 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0.6 g monounsaturated fat, 0.4 g monounsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 12 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 31%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee