Desserts: Fruit Desserts
Mini Mango Tarts
Serve these bite-size treats at brunches, teas, and evening soirees.
- 12 shortbread cookies (like SnackWell's® Sugar Free Shortbread)
- 3 tablespoons lime curd (found in jars in the jam section of your supermarket)
- 6 tablespoons finely diced mango
- 12 roasted almonds or pecan halves or 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut or 1 tablespoon raisins or currants
- Top the center area of each cookie with 3/4 teaspoon lime curd. Spread it out to cover the top of the cookie, leaving a small edge uncovered around the cookie.
- Top the lime curd on each cookie with a heaping teaspoon of diced mango.
- Top each Mini Mango Tart with the embellishment of your choice: a roasted almond or pecan half, or a pinch of flaked coconut, raisins or currants.
12 mini mango tarts (6 servings)
Per serving (using SnackWell's® Sugar Free Shortbread cookies and almonds): 136 calories, 2 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 104 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter