Desserts: Fruit Desserts
Depending on the color of your pomegranate juice, this pudding can turn out to be different shades of pink or dark purple.
- 3 tablespoons Minute® tapioca
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half
- 1 egg, beaten (use a higher omega-3 type, if available)
- 4 teaspoons Splenda®
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine tapioca, sugar, and cinnamon (if using) in medium nonstick saucepan. Stir in pomegranate juice, low-fat milk, and beaten egg. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (it will thicken as it cools). Remove from heat; stir in the Splenda® and vanilla extract.
- Cool 20-30 minutes. Stir and spoon into 4 serving cups. Serve warm or chilled.
4 large servings
Per serving: : 140 calories, 6 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 1.2 g saturated fat, 69 mg cholesterol, 0.3 g fiber, 74 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 19%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter