Easy Hash Brown Patties
- 2 frozen hash brown patties (87 grams per patty)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (or canola cooking spray)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Microwave the frozen patties on high for a minute to start them cooking.
- Brush both sides of each patty lightly with canola oil (or canola cooking spray). Start heating a medium, nonstick frying pan or skillet on high. Add the patties and cook until both sides are golden brown (4-5 minutes per side). Season the top of each patty with salt and freshly ground pepper as desired while the second side is browning.
- Serve with catsup.
Per serving: 90 calories, 2 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fat, 0.1 g saturated fat, 1.3 g monounsaturated fat, 0.7 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 40 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors