Crab & Mango Lettuce Wraps
- 8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pit removed, and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup diced jicama (peel, then dice)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, white and part of the green, finely chopped
- 10 leaves Boston lettuce, washed and dried well (other lettuce can be substituted, but Boston lettuce works particularly well)
- Orange Sesame Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add crabmeat, mango, jicama, cilantro, and green onions to medium bowl and toss to blend well.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with about 1/3 cup (or slightly heaping 1/4 cup) of crabmeat mixture.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, orange yogurt, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of the citrus sauce over the crab mixture inside each lettuce leaf and serve!
5 appetizer servings (about 2 wraps each)
Per serving: 111 calories, 11 g protein, 11.5 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 46 mg cholesterol, 2 grams fiber, 340 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 20%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee