Lemon-Herb Marinade for Poultry
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest from one lemon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple butter (try specialty food markets)
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add oil, zest, maple butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper to a sealable plastic bag or medium bowl and whisk until completely blended.
- Add your meat to the marinade in bag or bowl (about 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves) and marinate in the refrigerator for about 6 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Remove chicken from the marinade and grill or broil as desired.
About 1/2 cup of marinade (enough for 2 to 4 chicken breasts)
Per tablespoon of marinade: 34 calories, 0 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 67 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 45%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee