Sauces, Marinades, Salad Dressings and Gravies
Rosemary Balsamic Marinade
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (the needles, separated from the sprigs)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium glass bowl or 4-cup glass measure and whisk until blended.
- Add your meat (or tofu or veggies) and all of the marinade to a sealable gallon plastic bag. Place in a bowl or dish and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, shaking the bag occasionally to make sure all surfaces of the meat are in contact with the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade and season it with salt and pepper, if you like. Grill or broil as desired.
About 3/4 cup (will cover about 1 1/2 pounds of meat or fish)
Per 1 tablespoon of marinade: 25 calories, 0.1 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 0.1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 3 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 40%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter