Devin Alexander's Version of Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake
Alexander's version will save you 64 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 1.5 grams of saturated fat over the original.
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup fat-free vanilla yogurt (not artificially sweetened)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Mist an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and nutmeg into a mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, yogurt, and egg whites. Using a sturdy whisk, mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in the pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until no flour is visible. Pour into the reserved pan; bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake to the rack to cool completely. When cool, cut into 8 slices.
Per serving: 246 calories, 5 g protein, 57 g carbohydrates, trace fat, trace sat fat, 2 g fiber.
Source: Fast Food Fix: 75 Amazing Recipe Makeovers of your Fast Food Restaurant Favorites (Rodale Books, April 2006) by Devin Alexander; © 2006.