Beverages and Cocktails: Refreshing Blended Drinks
This is a great recipe to try if you're looking for a way to "hide" yogurt. You'll never know there's yogurt in this fruity freeze.
- 1 cup tangerine or orange segments (mandarin oranges from can or jar, drained, can also be used)
- 6 to 8 ounces orange flavored yogurt (light or regular can be used)
- 1/3 cup orange or tangerine juice (as fresh as possible)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place tangerine or orange segments in a plastic bag or container and freeze at least an hour.
- Add frozen tangerine or orange segments to blender or food processor along with the yogurt and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Add a cup of crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass or two smaller glasses and serve.
2 small smoothies
Per small serving: 148 calories, 4.5 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fat, .6 g saturated fat, 3.5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 51 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 7%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter