Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, finely diced or cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, and mozzarella to medium serving bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, vinegar, and salt over the top, and toss all ingredients well to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour to let flavors blend.
6 side servings
Per serving: 153 calories, 9 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 197 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 38%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter