Sauces, Salad Dressings & Gravies
Fresh Raspberry Sauce
This sauce works as a topping or complement to all sorts of dishes, from pancakes and waffles at breakfast to light ice cream or pound cake at night.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda®
- 2 tablespoons berry liqueur (such as Chambord®)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree or pulse until well-blended.
- Serve as is if you don't mind seeds, or strain through a nonreactive sieve to remove seeds.
1 1/4 cups (5 servings of 1/4 cup each)
Per serving: 60 calories, .5 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, .3 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 0.6 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 5%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter