Appetizers, Snacks, Dips, Salsas and Spreads:Spreads
Berry Easy Topping
A creamy, flavorful topping that works for pound cake, shortcake, coffee cake, waffles or pancakes.
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh (blackberries can also be used)
- 1 cup light or fat-free Cool Whip, thawed in refrigerator
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon (add more to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a medium serving bowl and stir well with spoon.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Will keep for about 8 hours; after that, the moisture inside the berries may leak into the mixture.
4 servings (1/2-cup each)
Per serving: 65 calories, 0.3 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 2.7 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1.2 g fiber, 0 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 9%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter