- 2 cups corn (frozen or cut off the cob)
- 2 cups shelled edamame (green soybeans, available frozen)
- 1 large, ripe tomato, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon whipped butter or less-fat margarine (optional)
- Add corn and edamame to microwave-safe dish and toss to blend. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are nice and hot.
- Stir in the chopped tomato, salt and pepper, and whipped butter or margarine if desired.
Per serving: 176 calories, 13 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 0.8 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5.3 g fiber, 23 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 30%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee