Grilled Chicken Paillards with Mango Mint Salsa
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thinly
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (can substitute cilantro or parsley)
- Combine juices, shallot, garlic, oil and pepper in a large bag, add chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients, toss and refrigerate. Prepare grill on high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry, and grill on both sides 3-4 minutes or until brown and cooked.
- Place paillard of chicken on plate, top with mango salsa.
Nutritional Information per serving: 254 calories, 28 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 1.4 g saturated fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 3.4 g fiber, 67 mg sodium, 24% calories from fat.
SOURCE: Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD