Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breast
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (or 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes)
- 2/3 cup plain (or Italian) dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil; coat the foil with canola cooking spray.
- Add parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, pepper, and lemon zest to medium bowl and blend well.
- Press both sides of each chicken breast in breadcrumb mixture, and place in prepared pan. Coat the top of each crusted breast lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until the chicken is completely cooked through, and the tops and bottoms are lightly browned (about 25 minutes).
Per serving (if all of the crumb mixture is used): 234 calories, 32 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 1.9 g saturated fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 1.3 g fiber, 268 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 20%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee