Pizza, Wraps and More
Chicken Satay Salad Wraps
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat pulled
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp minced, peeled, fresh ginger, or 1 tsp dried
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 8 (8") fat-free whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken, cucumber, carrots, and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding the sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a blender until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water; process until smooth. Add the peanut dressing to the chicken, stir in the cilantro, and mix well.
- To assemble, place a large lettuce leaf on each warm tortilla and fill with the chicken mixture. Roll it up and enjoy.
Per serving: 209 calories, 17 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 37 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 273 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
SOURCE: Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD