Goat Cheese, Fig, and Basil Pizza
- 4-oz package dried figs, chopped
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 large pizza crust or 4 round pita breads
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese (a 4-oz package will yield 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2-1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the figs, balsamic vinegar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the figs in a small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top the pizza with the goat cheese and figs, and sprinkle with the basil and pine nuts. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Per serving: 168 calories, 6 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 2.3 g saturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 215 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
SOURCE: Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter