Pesto Provolone Mini Sandwich
- 1 small whole-wheat dinner roll
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce (bottled or in the refrigerator or freezer section)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1/8 cup shredded provolone cheese, firmly packed
- Cut dinner roll open and lay the two halves on a piece of foil or small baking sheet and spread 1 teaspoon pesto sauce over each half. Lay a double thickness of small turkey pieces over each half. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of turkey.
- Broil in toaster oven (or pop in the microwave for about a minute) for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
Per serving: 250 calories, 17 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 8.5 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 28 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 700 mg sodium (depending on the products you use). Calories from fat: 30%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter