Appetizers & Snacks
Game-Day Spicy Popcorn
- 16 cups air-popped popcorn
- Chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp jalapeño cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (optional; can replace with trans fat-free margarine)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, nuts (if using), and shredded cheese.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, add the spices, and stir well. Pour the butter-spice mixture over the popcorn and toss.
Per serving: 209 calories, 17 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 37 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 273 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
SOURCE: Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter