Appetizers & Snacks
Popcorn Trail Blaze Mix
- 1 bag of light microwave popcorn, popped (about 9 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (like cherry flavored Craisins)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- Or, add half of the ingredients to each of 2 gallon-size sealable plastic bags and toss to mix.
Per serving: 200 calories, 5 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4.1 g fiber, 68 mg sodium (if using lower-sodium microwave popcorn and almonds with no salt added). Calories from fat: 43%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter