Light and Minty Hot Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (preferably Dutch processed)
- 2 cups 1% milk or skim milk or fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Add Splenda and cocoa to small saucepan and blend with whisk. Gradually add milk to cocoa mixture and whisk until blended.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated. Stir in the peppermint extract and serve immediately.
Per serving: 120 calories, 10 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fat, 2.3 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 125 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter