Fruit Juices and Beverages
Lemon Ginger Iced Green Tea
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Splenda low-calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 green tea bags
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add water, Splenda, ground ginger, and lemon peel to medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to where it sustains a gentle boil and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add the green tea bags. Steep this tea mixture for 10 minutes, stirring or dunking the bags often.
- Remove tea bags and stir lemon juice into the tea liquid. Cover and refrigerator for up to 1 to 2 weeks.
- To make a cup of iced tea, pour 1/4 cup of the concentrated tea mixture into a tall glass and stir in 3/4 cup of sparkling or seltzer water or club soda. Add ice cubes and enjoy!
1 1/3 cups of syrup (or at least 5 glasses of iced tea)
Per serving: 2 calories, 0 g protein, 0.7 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 0 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 0%
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter