Beverages & Cocktails
Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider Recipe
You can also add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and heat on HIGH until nice and hot, then reduce heat to LOW to keep warm through the evening.
- 6 cups apple cider
- 5 cups Ocean Spray Light Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 3/4 lemon, thinly sliced
- Add apple cider, light cranberry juice cocktail, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves and lemon slices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon, cloves and lemon slices with a slotted spoon. Serve hot.
11 servings (about 1 cup each)
Per serving: 93 calories, 0 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, .2 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 0.2 g fiber, 6 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 2%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter