Lemon Tarragon Chicken Cashew Sandwiches Recipe
I love eating leftover chicken this way!
- 2 roasted chicken half breasts (skinless and boneless), diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (white and part of green)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, chopped (1/2-1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves can be substituted)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 6 slices 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread
- Add chicken pieces, cashews, celery and green onions to medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Add lemon juice, light mayo, fat free sour cream, tarragon, ground pepper and salt (if desired) to 2 cup measure and stir to blend. Add mayo mixture to the chicken mixture in the medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Top three slices of bread each with one-third of the mixture. Top each with a remaining slices of bread. Cut on the diagonal and serve!
Per serving: 430 calories, 29 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate, 15 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 52 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 560 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 31 percent.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.