Tricolor Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 colored peppers (red, green and yellow)- washed and cored
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 6-8 dried apricots, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6-8 pre-roasted and peeled jarred chestnuts- thinly sliced (optional)- may substitute pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-basil leaves- for garnish
- Cook 1/2 cup brown rice per directions on package.
- While rice is cooking, wash and core peppers.
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray Pam on a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked rice, apricots, cranberries, chestnuts, silken tofu, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly divide the brown rice mixture among the 6 peppers.
- Place peppers on baking dish and bake at 350ºF until outside of peppers are soft (about 30-40 minutes).
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Per Serving (one pepper): 124 calories, 4.6 grams protein, 26.6 grams carbohydrates, 1.1 grams fat and 7% calories from fat.
SOURCE: The Art Institute of New York City
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.