Vegetables & Side Dishes
Sweet Potato and Lentil Stuffing Recipe
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1-cup water
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cilantro (ground parsley)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400„aF.
- In a medium saucepan, add the brown and red lentils and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until lentils are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add in the sweet potatoes in the last 5 minutes.
- In another medium saucepan, add wild rice and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until rice is fork tender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and add leeks. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, mushrooms, cumin and ground cilantro. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, lentils and saucepan mixture. Mix well.
- Place in a baking pan and coat with Pam spray. Bake at 400„aF for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 170 calories, 5 grams protein, 26 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat and 26% calories from fat.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter