Vegetables & Side Dishes
Cranberry-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 8 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 4 tablespoons bottled light raspberry or cranberry vinaigrette dressing (like Newman's Own Light Raspberry & Walnut)
- 1/2 cup canned whole cranberry sauce (or try a cran-raspberry or cran-orange sauce)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Add carrots, light dressing and cranberry sauce to a medium-large nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover pan. Simmer 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle pecans over the top.
Per serving: 89 calories, 1.5 g protein, 16.5 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fat, 0.1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 60 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter