Easy Green Beans Almandine Recipe
- 24-ounce bag extra fine French green beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whipped butter
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (or similar almond liqueur)
- 1/4 cup toasted flavored sliced almonds
- Briefly rinse frozen beans in hot water from the tap to lightly thaw. Start heating a large, nonstick frying pan, skillet, or wok over medium-high heat. Add the whipped butter and let it brown just slightly (about a minute), stirring constantly.
- Add the green beans and saute about 2 minutes, stirring often. Drizzle Amaretto liqueur over the top and continue to saute 2 to 3 minutes more or until beans are still a nice green and just tender.
- Spoon the green beans into a serving bowl and sprinkle the almond slices evenly over the top.
Per serving (if 8 per recipe): 73 calories, 2 g protein, 8.5 g carbohydrate, 3.2 g fat, 0.9 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 60 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 38%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.