Cranberry Waldorf Fruit Salad Recipe
Got some leftover cranberries sitting in your fruit crisper? This is a great way to toss some winter fruit favorites together in a colorful fruit salad.
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped red or green apple
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red or green seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1. Add cranberries, apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts to medium serving bowl and toss to mix.
- 2. Add yogurt to 2-cup measure and stir in the cinnamon and vanilla extract (if desired). Drizzle over the fruit salad in serving bowl and toss to blend. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 165 calories, 6 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 5.5 g fat, 0.9 g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 67 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 30%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter