Fish & Seafood
Seasoned Salmon with Lemon Caper SauceWhen I want to fix salmon fast, this is one of the recipes I tend to grab. It takes five minutes to put together and 10 minutes to broil the salmon! And it tastes terrific -- can't get much better than that.
- 1 pound salmon fillet
Canola cooking spray
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (depending on preference)
1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on preference)
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Lemon Caper Sauce
1/2 cup fat-free or light sour cream
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest or peel (optional)
1. Preheat broiler. Line a 9-inch round pan or dish with foil. Coat the foil with canola cooking spray.
2. Rinse and dry salmon fillet well. Place the salmon skin-side down in the prepared pan.
3. Coat the top of the salmon fillet (flesh side) with canola cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the top of salmon. Then sprinkle garlic powder and dill weed evenly over the top of salmon. Place under broiler (about 6 inches from the heat) for five minutes. Flip salmon over (skin-side up now) and broil five minutes longer. Check the thickest part of the salmon to test if it is done.
5. Peel off the skin (it comes off easily) and throw away. Serve the salmon seasoned-side up (spoon any juices and seasoning in the bottom of the pan over the top of the salmon).
6. While the salmon is broiling, add sour cream, capers and lemon juice (lemon zest if desired) in small food processor and pulse about five seconds to blend well. If you don't have a food processor finely chop the capers and blend the capers, lemon juice and sour cream together well in a small serving bowl.
Per serving: 191 calories, 24 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat (1.4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 206 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36%.
SOURCE: ©2005 Elaine Magee.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter