Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) German Chocolate Cake mix (I used Betty Crocker® Super Moist)
3 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
2/3 cup evaporated skimmed or low fat milk (not sweetened condensed)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup evaporated skimmed or low fat milk
2 cups miniature marshmallows.
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan with a sheet of foil (wrap excess up and around the outer edges of the pan). Coat bottom and sides of foil-lined pan with canola cooking spray.
2. Add cake mix, canola, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, and 2/3 cup evaporated milk to mixing bowl and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides and stir in nuts.
3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in center of oven for about 18-22 minutes or until center holds its shape but is still moist and slightly fudgy (test the center with a fork to be sure--do not over cook).
4. Remove from oven and begin making frosting. Add 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, cocoa and vanilla to small mixing bowl and beat on low until blended. Add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of milk and beat on low until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows and spread evenly on slightly warm brownies. Let cool.
5. Cut into 24 squares once it cools completely. Enjoy!
24 servings (each about 2" x 2" square)
Per serving: 192 calories, 3.5 g protein, 32.5 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 180 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28%.
SOURCE: ©WebMD 2003.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors