Orange Raspberry WhipThis is a fun combination of fruit flavors. Experiment by changing the flavor of yogurt and the choices of fruit.
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener (such as Splenda®)
- 1/4 cup raspberry, strawberry, or orange low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained
- 1 banana, diced
- 4 ounces (half of an 8-ounce tub) fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Combine cream cheese, artificial sweetener, and yogurt in mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, toss raspberries, mandarin orange segments, banana, and whipped topping together.
3. Gently fold fruit mixture into the cream cheese mixture until nicely blended. Spoon into 4 bowls (for 1-cup servings). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight (or all day). Thaw for about 15 minutes before eating.
Per serving: 162 calories, 4 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 85 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 11%.
SOURCE: ©2005 Elaine Magee.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter