Fruit Juices and Beverages
Orange Creamsicle Shake
- 2 cups light or low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate (it can be frozen; just scoop it right from the can)
- 3/4 cup low-fat or nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, wheat germ or fiber supplement (optional)
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until well blended (stop blender after about 5 seconds to scrape down the sides).
2. Add flaxseed or similar, if using.
3. Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
Per serving: 240 calories, 8 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 104 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 14%.
SOURCE: ©2005 Elaine Magee.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter