Japanese Restaurant Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (add more to taste if desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Add all the ingredients to a small food processor or blender. Pulse on high speed for about 30 seconds, or until well-pureed.
2. Pour into serving container, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
14 tablespoons (7 servings)
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 48 calories, 0.3 g protein, 3.1 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 0.3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0.2 g fiber, 79 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 73%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter