Broiled Pork Chops with Warm Nectarines
- 4 loin pork chops, trimmed of extra fat
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional)
- 4 nectarines, pitted, peeled and halved
Preparation: Yield: Nutritional Information: SOURCE: California Tree Fruit Agreement. ©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
1. Put the pork chops, coriander, cumin, and pepper in a sealable plastic bag and add the vinegar and optional rum. Fasten the bag and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight to marinate.
2. When ready to cook, preheat a broiler.
3. Place the chops on a broiling pan, along with the nectarines. Place the pan about 6 inches below the heat source. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and serve hot.
Per serving: Calories 223, Protein 24 g, Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Carbohydrates 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Sodium 49 mg. Calories From Fat 27%.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
SOURCE: California Tree Fruit Agreement.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter