- 1/2 cup trans fat-free margarine with 8 grams of fat per tablespoon
- 1/2 cup Splenda®
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (or substitute whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kashi Go Lean® cereal
- 1/2-cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line jellyroll pan or large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add margarine, Splenda®, and brown sugar to large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well combined. Add egg substitute (or egg) and vanilla and beat until well blended.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a 2-cup measure and blend together with fork. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to mixing bowl with margarine mixture. Beat on low just until combined.
4. Stir in cereal, coconut (if desired) and mini chocolate chips, by hand.
5. Use cookie scoop or 1/8 cup measure to form each cookie on prepared jellyroll pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until just starting to brown on edges.
Per cookie (without coconut): 73 calories, 2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 0.8 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 104 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 39%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors