Easy, Super Nutritious and Low-Calorie Gazpacho
- 1 64-oz container low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 64-oz container spicy (or not) vegetable juice
- 2 12-oz cans low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons and 1 fresh lime
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 large seedless cucumbers, finely choppe
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
Avocado and light sour cream for garnish
1. Chop all vegetables by hand or pulse in a food processor.
2. Mix all ingredients together except garnish and chill several hours.
3. Serve cold with or without a little chopped avocado and a tablespoon of light sour cream as a garnish.
Per serving: 100 calories, 4.5 g protein, 18.5 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fat, 0.1 g saturated fat, 2.8 g fiber, 512 mg sodium.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter