Fish & Seafood
Salmon Steaks Poached in Lemon Broth
- Juice from 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 salmon steaks or fillets (about 12 ounces)
1. Place lemon juice and chicken broth in medium saucepan with cover. Add raw salmon steaks.
2. Bring liquid to slow boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat slightly, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Flip salmon over, cover, and continue to simmer 5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked throughout.
Per serving (if 2 servings per recipe including broth): 250 calories, 34.5 g protein, 1.4 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 3.6 g monounsaturated fat, 4.4 g polyunsaturated fat, 94 mg cholesterol, 0.2 g fiber, 93 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 41%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter